Posts Tagged ‘taiwanese food’
Lu Rou Fan – Minced Pork over Rice
1 pound of 50% fat pork, minced
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
2 teaspoons of sugar
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of “5 spice”
1. Marinade minced pork with half of soy sauce and half of sugar.
2. Chop the garlic and shallots.
3. Heat pan on high, add the pork and keep stirring until all the fat comes out.
4. Scoop out the pork and put aside.
5. Using the same pan, add the shallots and garlic and stir fry until fragrant.
6. Add the rest of the soy sauce, sugar and 5 spices. Return the pork to pan.
7. Add enough water to cover the pork.
8. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.