In recent years, weddings have gone from uniform, straight-laced affairs to DYNAMIC, one-of-a-kind parties, incorporating relaxed rules/buzz-worthy trends. Lately, there’s few things more buzz-worthy than having a food truck on site to feed your loved ones, but in Los Angeles, it can be a challenge finding venues to accommodate both your nuptials and your need for authentic roadside nourishment.
So if you have your heart set on booking food truck catering for your wedding, check out the venues below (and contact them to ensure food truck access remains up to date). Now let’s start out with a little something special we here at Roaming Hunger put together for our food truck friendly brides and grooms.
Crafted Weddings by Roaming Hunger – Los Angeles, CA
Are you looking for more than just a food truck friendly wedding venue? If yes, then we’ve put together something we think you’ll like. It’s an all-inclusive wedding package that’ll get half your wedding planning done in under an hour. Half of all your planning, from location to catering to the linens and flowers.
Launched to help simplify the entire process, we’ve put together a curated list of options that will take the stress out of wedding planning. All you have to do is mix and match every element of your big day ’til it fits your fantasy (and fits your budget). To top it all off, you get a month-of wedding coordinator at no added cost, because we want to make sure your special day is absolutely flawless. As for the venues, your three options are as diverse as the trucks are delicious:
- A huge inclosed lot, capable of housing more trucks than can physically serve your guests
- An elevated stage, equipped with a projector & perfect for live performances
- Some of SoCal’s finest and most famous craft beers, all brewed directly in-house
Industrial Chic Loft
City Views in Nature
If panoramas are the priority, go with a scenic overlook that’ll elevate your wedding day to staggering heights, while surrounding it with natural SoCal wonders. The space is as malleable as it is stunning, giving you the kind of day (and night) only possible in LA. For the couple in love with their city, this is a tough option to pass up.
- Room for up to 120 guests
- Ocean-to-Mountain urban views
- Three separate vantage points – open air pavilion, naturally integrated amphitheater, and decomposed granite clearing, all capable of being shuffled as needed for cocktail hour/ceremony/reception
- Settings can be easily modified – from installing a tent in the pavilion to turning the amphitheater into a late-night dance floor
- Enclosed conference room can be used for either a bridal suite or groom’s quarters
Historic on the Beach
Finally, if your big day’s bound to be beachside, there’s a historic, impeccably preserved, 1932 Spanish revival calling your name. Originally built for the Olympics, the mission-style structure is Classic California charm, located steps from San Pedro’s sandy beaches.
- Room for up to 175 guests
- Large lawn ideal for food truck service
- An elevated arcade for cocktail hour overlooking picturesque ocean views
- Second floor ballroom for reception, finished with high wood beams, hanging lights and an elevated stage
- Tucked away lagoon provides an ideal setting for photos
Vintage Photo Studio
Located off an industrial enclave in El Segundo, this Vintage Photo Studio is a picture-perfect place to tie the knot (and look pretty dang great doing it). The lighting is already customized to create timeless snapshots, while the venue itself is filled with warm, surprising twists and turns that’ll keep you and your guests feeling as great as you look. Grabbing this studio means:
- Room for up to 200 guests over 10 hrs of service
- Upstairs lounge that doubles as a bridal/groom suite
- Outdoor brick patio for leisurely, fresh-air escapes
- Unique details spread across the whole venue – from a repurposed makeup vanity turned bar, to cognac leather seating, and Edison bulb-lit romance
Modern Event Space
This sleek, one-of-a-kind modern marvel gives you an indoor/outdoor experience that balances stunning views with cutting-edge style. The private lawn grants expansive West Valley mountain vistas, offering an ideal ceremony space. Meanwhile, the interior provides tall ceilings, glossy floors, and floor-to-ceiling windows, making the indoor feel every bit as open and free as the outside. The space includes:
- Room for up to 150 guests
- Three drop-down projectors and a plug & play A/V system add vivid media to your wedding speeches and entertainment
- Large upstairs lounge and downstairs game room double as bridal and groom’s suites
- Accordion-style glass doors spill all the indoor action out into the back lawn
A historic Spanish ranch house anchors a gargantuan Old West wonderland, filled with acres and acres of oaks, trails, and citrus orchards. Your guests will be totally immersed in natural beauty, setting the perfect stage for a wedding that’ll feel like a destination without the drag. With this venue, you’ll get:
- Room for up to 150 guests over 10 hours of service
- Endless on-site options for cocktail hr, ceremony and reception
- Faded red barn makes an ideal setting for photos
- Two sitting rooms in the ranch make for spacious bridal/groom suites
With unmatched views of Pacific waves, this Seaside Bluff is a stunning locale for your big day; giving you and all your guests a West Coast dream you won’t ever want to wake up from. A nature center grounds the festivities, providing a quirky, woodsy reception, while the outdoor settings wow in every direction, providing sunset views that’ll last a lifetime in your memories.
- Room for up to 150 guests over 10 hrs of service
- A nearby lighthouse is the perfect backdrop for wedding photos
- An outdoor amphitheater gives you generous, intoxicating space for a sunset ceremony
Interested in learning more? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is our original list of food truck friendly wedding venues that we’ve found around LA. If you’re interested in any of them, please be sure to contact them directly and make sure they’re still food truck friendly. Some may have changed their policies or may only allow a dessert or late-night truck.
Paramount Ranch – Agoura Hills, CA
This sprawling park, which lies beneath the Santa Monica Mountains, gets its name from being a main lot for Paramount Studios film and television productions, dating all the way back to the 1920’s. Now under the care of the National Park Service, Paramount Ranch attracts many who want a rustic and fun setting for their wedding, like the preserved Western Town lots. Bonus: there’s ample adjacent parking.
Finding your venue is definitely one of the most important things to do when planning your wedding. If you want a food truck wedding, looking into a few of the venues above is a great place to start.