In recent years, weddings have gone from uniform, straight-laced affairs to dynamic, one-of-a-kind parties, incorporating relaxed rules and buzzworthy trends. Lately, there’s few things more buzz-worthy than having a food truck on site to feed your loved ones, but in Los Angeles, it can be a challenge finding venues to accommodate both your nuptials and your need for authentic roadside nourishment.
So if you have your heart set on booking food truck catering for your wedding, check out the venues below (and contact them to ensure food truck access remains up to date). Now let’s start out with a little something special we here at Roaming Hunger put together for our food truck friendly brides and grooms.
Food Truck Weddings by Roaming Hunger – Los Angeles, CA
Are you looking for more than just a food truck friendly wedding venue? If yes, then we’ve put together something we think you’ll like. It’s an all-inclusive wedding package that’ll get half your wedding planning done in under an hour. Half of all your planning, from location to catering to the linens and flowers.
Launched to help simplify the entire process, we’ve put together a curated list of options that will take the stress out of wedding planning. All you have to do is mix and match every element of your big day ’til it fits your fantasy (and fits your budget). To top it all off, you get a month-of wedding coordinator at no added cost, because we want to make sure your special day is absolutely flawless. As for the venues, your three options are as diverse as the trucks are delicious:
Angel City Brewery
- A huge inclosed lot, capable of housing more trucks than can physically serve your guests
- An elevated stage, equipped with a projector & perfect for live performances
- Some of SoCal’s finest and most famous craft beers, all brewed directly in-house
Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook
If panoramas are the priority, go with a scenic overlook that’ll elevate your wedding day to staggering heights, while surrounding it with natural SoCal wonders. The space is as malleable as it is stunning, giving you the kind of day (and night) only possible in LA. For the couple in love with their city, this is a tough option to pass up.
- Room for up to 120 guests
- Ocean-to-Mountain urban views
- Three separate vantage points – open air pavilion, naturally integrated amphitheater, and decomposed granite clearing, all capable of being shuffled as needed for cocktail hour/ceremony/reception
- Settings can be easily modified – from installing a tent in the pavilion to turning the amphitheater into a late-night dance floor
- Enclosed conference room can be used for either a bridal suite or groom’s quarters
Cabrillo Beach Bath House
Finally, if your big day’s bound to be beachside, there’s a historic, impeccably preserved, 1932 Spanish revival calling your name. Originally built for the Olympics, the mission-style structure is Classic California charm, located steps from San Pedro’s sandy beaches.
- Room for up to 175 guests
- Large lawn ideal for food truck service
- An elevated arcade for cocktail hour overlooking picturesque ocean views
- Second floor ballroom for reception, finished with high wood beams, hanging lights and an elevated stage
- Tucked away lagoon provides an ideal setting for photos
Interested in learning more? Send us an email at email@example.com
Here is our original list of food truck friendly wedding venues that we’ve found around LA. If you’re interested in any of them, please be sure to contact them directly and make sure they’re still food truck friendly. Some may have changed their policies or may only allow a dessert or late-night truck.
Paramount Ranch – Agoura Hills, CA
This sprawling park, which lies beneath the Santa Monica Mountains, gets its name from being a main lot for Paramount Studios film and television productions, dating all the way back to the 1920’s. Now under the care of the National Park Service, Paramount Ranch attracts many who want a rustic and fun setting for their wedding, like the preserved Western Town lots. Bonus: there’s ample adjacent parking.
Finding your venue is definitely one of the most important things to do when planning your wedding. If you want a food truck wedding, looking into a few of the venues above is a great place to start.