Here it is folks; The Wafel & Dinges original waffle recipe! The portions are a bit gigantic (makes about 30 waffles), so make sure to divide it when you try this out. We tried the recipe ourselves and we’re thinking of moving the Roaming Hunger homebase to New York because these waffles were GOOD!
- 1.5 kg flour
- 1 liter milk
- 1 liter water
- 70 gr fresh yeast (or 35 gr dry yeast)
- 500-600 gr butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 eggs (separated)
- 2-3 spoons of sugar
- 1. Dissolve yeast in a quarter liter of tepid water.
- 2. Place flour in a bowl and gradually mix in yeast, milk, and egg yolks.
- 3. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff.
- 4. Then add remaining ¾ liter water, melted butter, egg whites, and salt.
- 5. Let the batter rise for 20 minutes until double the volume.
- 6. Heat iron to high heat.
- 7. Pour batter evenly onto grid and bake for 2 minutes.
- 8. Remove waffle from grid and trim extra dough on the edges.