January 27, 2014 (Tampa, FL) – In anticipation of the Super Bowl, Ovations Food Services, a nationally-ranked catering and concessions food service provider to Jacksonville Jaguars’ and the Oakland Raiders’, and more than 150 other sports arenas and stadiums, is offering up specially-designed fresh recipes for Super Bowl viewers this weekend.
“With the biggest game of the football season upon us, we asked the chefs who prepare food for thousands of football fans all season to give us their best tailgate recipes for the ultimate Super Bowl party,” said Ken Young, President of Ovations Food Services. “These recipes will be ones party goers talk about for years to come.”
Ovations Food Services is a subsidiary of the internationally recognized sports and entertainment firm Comcast-Spectacor. Ovations suggests the following recipes:
Savory Drunken Monkey Bread A unique twist on pizza, this easy-to-cook dish makes great finger food. Submitted by Ovations’ Regional Executive Chef, Bob St. Lawrence
Yield: 8-10 Servings
24 Frozen Bread Dough Balls
1 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes 1 (12 ounce) Microbrew
1 stick Melted Butter
2 ounces Olive Oil
12 ounces Andouille Sausage, crumbled
12 ounces Sharp Cheddar, shredded
1 small can Ripe Olives, minced
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, minced
2 tablespoon Cajun Spice
- Day before: Soak sun-dried tomatoes in your favorite microbrew overnight.
- Early in Day: Place dough balls on waxed paper sprayed with Pam and top with a 2nd piece of waxed paper sprayed with Pam. Cover with towel and allow to double (or triple) in size in warmkitchen.
- Mix melted butter with olive oil.
- Drain and dice sun-dried tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl, mix sun-dried tomatoes, sausage, cheddar, olives and spices.
- Dip rolls into butter mix, then sausage mix. Place layered in an ungreased bundt pan; fill pan 2/3. Put any leftover toppings in pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Brush with melted butter when flipped out of pan.
If the Super Bowl isn’t already exciting enough, this recipe is guaranteed to bring heat to the party! Submitted by Ovations’ PPL Park Executive Chef, Richard Kalman
Yields: 20 pieces
10 Scallops (10-20), cut in half
10 Habanero Peppers, cut in half
10 Pieces of Bacon, cut in half
- Take a half of scallop and a half of habanero, wrap it with a half piece of bacon and put a tooth pick through it.
- Pan fry for 3-4 minutes
- Finish in the oven at 350°F until bacon is crisp.
Super Spicy Sausage Stuffed Turkey Wings
This super spicy dish tastes great with a frosty Porter beer Float…that’s right, ice cream in your favorite Porter. Submitted by Ovations’ Pensacola Bayfront Stadium Executive Chef, Chris Voorhees
Yield: 6 Turkey Wings
6 Turkey Wings
12 ounces Spicy Italian Sausage
3 ounces Blue Cheese Hot Sauce (see recipe below)
For the Blue Cheese Hot Sauce:
4 ounces Crystal Hot Sauce
1 ounce Clover Honey
1 ounce Sweet Chili Sauce
1 Jalapeno, Seeded
1 cup Cilantro, Fresh
2 ounces Blue Cheese Crumbles
Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Remove two bones from the turkey wings using a boning knife. Be sure to leave the wing tip intact.
- Stuff each cavity with 2 ounces of the spicy Italian sausage.
- Fry the wings at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Toss wings in the blue cheese hot sauce.
- Garnish with blue cheese crumbles and several sprigs of cilantro.
- Serve with a frosty Porter Beer Float to take it to the next level! Sharing is optional.
White Bean Chicken Chili
Submitted by Ovations’ Bethel Woods Center For The Arts Executive Chef, Mark Woinoski
Yield: 8 Servings
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
2 Onions, chopped
8 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 Fresh Jalapeno Peppers, diced
2 four-ounce cans Green Chilies, chopped
2 tablespoons Ground Cumin
2 teaspoons Oregano, dried
2 quarts Strong Chicken Stock
6 Chicken Thighs, boneless
2 one-pound Bags Great Northern Beans
1.5 pounds Cheddar and Jack Cheese, shredded
- Soak the beans overnight in water.
- Drain the beans and give them a good rinse.
- Cook the beans in lightly salted water until they are tender. Reserve for later.
- Sauté the onions in the vegetable oil until they are tender.
- Mix in the garlic, jalapenos, green chilies, cumin and oregano.
- Continue to cook until tender.
- Mix in Chicken broth, chicken and white beans.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted and serve.
Triple Pork, Chorizo & Bacon Burgers w/ Pepper-Jack Cheese and Tapenade Dijon
Prepare the unexpected for your Super Bowl guests with freshly-made bugger patties from ground pork, ground chorizo sausage and bacon. Submitted by Ovations’ Regional Executive Chef, Bob St. Lawrence
Yield: 8 (5 ounce) burgers
1 pound Pork, ground
1 pound Chorizo Sausage, ground
1/2 pound Bacon, chopped or ground
2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, minced
1 tablespoon Ground Cumin, dry
8 slices Pepper-Jack Cheese
8 Kaiser or Onion Rolls Romaine Leaves Tomato Slices
- Par-cook bacon halfway and cool.
- Mix ground pork, chorizo and cooled bacon with spices.
- Form into 8 patties and grill until internal temperature of 145°F.
- Top roll with pepper-jack cheese slice, romaine leaf, tomato slice, and Tapenade Dijon (see recipe below) before placing patty on-top.
- Sprinkle with fresh-ground pepper; tapenade Dijon should be salty enough.
3/4 cup Dijon Mustard
2 tablespoons Queen Olives, minced
2 tablespoons Kalamatas, minced
2 tablespoons Red Onion, minced
2 Pepperoncini Peppers, finely minced
Squeeze of Lime juice
Method: Mix all ingredients, allow to meld flavors for 24 hours Hanoi Fried Chicken This Vietnamese-style street food is finger-picking delicious! Submitted by Ovations’ Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre Executive Chef, Craig MacLeod Yield: 6- 8 Wings 5 pounds whole chicken wings 4 tablespoons soy sauce For the glaze 2 tablespoons Ginger, minced 2 tablespoons Garlic, minced 4 tablespoons Water 6 tablespoons Granulated Sugar 4 tablespoons Fish Sauce 3 tablespoons Sambal Oelek 1 handful Cilantro, chopped for garnish 8 Lime Wedges, for garnish Method:
- Place chicken in a large bowl with the soy sauce. Toss well to coat and proceed, or refrigerate for couple of hours or overnight.
- Deep fry or bake wings until golden and cooked through.
- Over medium heat, add 3 tablespoons of oil. Sauté the garlic and ginger until translucent, slightly golden and aromatic.
- Add water and sugar. Stir to combine and cook until the sugar melts and the sauce becomes foamy and glossy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. The glaze should be slightly thickened by now.
- Finally, add the sambal oelek. Taste and add additional sambal oelek, if desired.
- Give the sauce a last stir to combine and add all the chicken pieces back to the skillet.
- Turn the pieces several times to coat with the glaze.
- Arrange wings on serving platter and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.