Did you know the average American consumes about 18 lbs of bacon per year? We know exactly why. These quick and easy recipes will have your mouth watering and your body doing a little happy dance upon consumption. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, we all know that bacon has NO LIMITATIONS.
Pancake Wrapped Bacon Dippers – Perfect for those rushed mornings where you have to eat and run, this recipe makes your ride in morning traffic much more pleasant (and fragrant).
Ingredients (makes 12 dippers)
12 Slices of bacon
Pancake mix (we recommend aunt jemima pancake mix)
Optional: Chocolate chips, strawberry or blueberry
To go cup
1. Place bacon on a griddle or skillet
2.Pour the pancake batter along the strip of bacon- make sure to mix in the grease
3. Flip when ready, let it cool
4. Put syrup in the to-go cup. Chop up little pieces of bacon and put in syrup.
5. Either dip pancake into cup with hand OR take bites of pancake chased with syrup shots (our recommendation for optimal flavor)
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Bites – These feisty filled bites of cheesy jalapeno goodness can be dressed up or dressed down for any occasion, by putting toothpicks in them and placing them on a fancy dinner plate.
Ingredients (makes 24 bites)
24 slices of bacon
12 average sized jalapenos, sliced in half
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup of shredded cheese
24 cocktail sausage links, your preference
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and line pan with foil to prevent sticking
2.Microwave bacon for a few minutes to pre-cook and set aside
3.In a bowl combine the cream cheese and shredded cheese
4.Fill each gutted and halved jalapeno with the cheese mixture
5.Press a sausage onto the top and wrap each half with a slice of bacon
6.Bake at 450 degrees or until cheese is melted and bacon is cooked
7.Let cool and serve!
Bacon Wrapped Spicy Onion Rings – Perfect to grill up on those sunny picnic days or to bake at home on a cozy sunday afternoon. These will surely pack a bite so be sure to have a cool refreshing drink on hand when eating these!
Favorite Spicy Sauce, hot sauce or sriracha (the thicker the better)
A pack of your favorite bacon (2-3 slices per ring)
1. Slice onions into ½” thick slices
2. Coat the rings heavily with your favorite sauce
3. Wrap bacon around the onion rings until completely covered
4.Place on grill or to bake in an oven until the bacon is cooked & crispy
Wrap it up and enjoyed these savory bacon filled recipes!