December 16th is known to the foodie world as “Chocolate Covered Anything Day”, so we thought to ourselves what’s better than covering something in chocolate then dipping it in any or all of our favorite toppings?!
Chocolate Dipped Bananas
8 bananas peeled
8 popsicle sticks
32 oz semi-sweet chocolate
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
A variety of your favorite toppings
1. Cut the end off of each banana
2. Insert popsicle sticks
3. Place the bananas on a wax lined sheet pan & freeze for an hour
4. Melt the butter & chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pot
5. Place the toppings on flat plates
6. Dip the bananas in chocolate one at a time and roll them over the desired toppings
7. Place the bananas back in the freezer
8. Once frozen, share and enjoy!
This recipe is great for kids and adults alike, and you don’t have to limit yourself to just bananas, strawberries, apple & pineapple slices would taste great too!