National Food Truck Day started in 2016 and – since then – the event has attracted hundreds of participating vendors each year. Now, the holiday is taking on special significance given the pandemic’s effect on the food industry.
Fortune recently reported 10% of restaurants nationwide closed since 2020, 22.5% of which were mobile vendors. Now more than ever, it’s important to support and celebrate the essential workers and small business owners who kept their service windows open during this trying year.
This year, National Food Truck Day (happening June 25) will become a weeklong celebration from June 20 to June 27. Roaming Hunger is, as always, eager to shine light on the business owners that make our nation’s food scene vibrant, diverse, and one-of-a-kind. We believe food trucks need our support.
Calling All Food Trucks!
We’re calling all food trucks to participate this year because we’re working hard to get eaters out to you.
Our goal is to drive customers, media, marketing, and more in your city. The more participation in a particular city, the more we will invest.
Here are a few examples:
- Run national and local PR campaigns – over 230 press hits in 2019
- Promotion on social media campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram
- Coordinate with local and national partners to get eaters to you, including food truck lots & parks, food truck finders, builders, and more (over 25 partners is 2019)
For food truck owners who wish to participate, it’s FREE and takes 2 minutes to sign up. There are two ways to sign up:
- If you are already a Roaming Hunger vendor, sign up at this link.
- If you don’t have a Roaming Hunger account, you can still sign up via foodtruckday.org
Unlock More Benefits!
Once you enter some basic information to participate, trucks can take advantage of an exclusive benefits package we’ve put together through our Apple Pay Program. Sign up by May 31 to take advantage of the entire package.
When you sign up for Roaming Hunger’s Apple Pay Program you’ll get the following:
- We will fund up to $100 to reimburse any consumer deals/discounts you offer if customers pay with Apple Pay (sign up by May 31st!)
- You’ll be featured in TimeOut’s media channels (in select markets)
- You’ll be eligible to have Influencers and Local Press come visit your truck (in select markets)
- We’ll display that you offer Apple Pay on our map pages along with your location
- PLUS Access a $25 bonus just for signing up & a chance to win $1,000 (sign up by May 31st)
NOTE: You do need a Roaming Hunger account to take advantage of this benefits package.
If you’re not yet on Roaming Hunger, you can join for free here: https://vendor.roaminghunger.com/
Once you have access to your account, please sign up for National Food Truck Day. The final step will lead you to sign up for our Apple Pay Program so you can unlock more benefits.
Signing up to participate in National Food Truck Day is completely free and there’s no requirement to be a food truck on Roaming Hunger.
We hope you’ll participate so we can make it the biggest National Food Truck Day ever! We want every food truck to own this special holiday and make it their own. We can’t wait to help you shine as we celebrate your truck the week of National Food Truck Day!