Back in February of 2012 we added our 2,000th food truck to the Roaming Hunger site. Now, 14 months and 1,000 trucks later a lot has changed for us, and for the food truck industry. This past year, more than any other, has shown us that food trucks aren’t just a culinary fad, they’re sticking around and so are we!
Since February 2012, Roaming Hunger has…
- Launched 8 new major U.S. cities (Columbus, Durham, Kansas City, New Orleans, St. Louis, Sacramento, San Jose, and San Antonio).
- Received quadruple the amount of catering requests per day.
- Released a new and improved version of our popular iPhone app.
- Had the most site traffic in Roaming Hunger history! Last Sunday the site received over 9,000 visitors and 40,000 page views.
Since February 2012, Food Trucks have…
- Increased by nearly 50% in the U.S., spanning across all 50 states.
- Expanded to cities outside of the U.S. (including cities in Canada, England, France, Australia, and many more).
- Taken over Airport cell phone parking lots.
- Created delicious dishes that have topped Zagat lists.
This year has been a crazy ride, thank you to all of the amazing food trucks, and food truck lovers for being a part of this journey with us! Cheers to another great year, and the next 1,000 food trucks!