Boulder Food Trucks
We’ll book a food truck for your next event
Boulder is the happiest city in America. And that's not hyperbole - both bnet and Forbes ranked it #1 on their respective lists of the country's happiest and healthiest cities. Between world-class ski slopes, an abundance of start-ups, and eternal youth supplied by the University of Colorado, Boulder is a perfect storm of midwest contentment.
Tough to say what came first - Boulder's nationally celebrated joy, or its food truck scene. It's sort of a chicken/egg conundrum (and coincidentally, there's some great Boulder food trucks that specialize in both). Whatever you're passionate about eating, there's food trucks Boulder has in mind to satisfy your mood and lift your spirits. Even if they're already high here.
The Best Food Trucks in Boulder
People's Arepablic of Boulder
Despite the mountains and the ski culture, hot Latin traditions are surprisingly popular on the streets of Colorado, far beyond your standard taco truck fare. From Cuba to Venezuela, there's a host of authentic food trucks Boulder has waiting to give your tastebuds a whole new rhythm to dance to.
- The Arepa Joint - Bringing the Venezuelan delicacy to Boulder in classic fashion, this food truck isn't out to dispense fusion or deconstruction, only real deal arepas stuffed with delectably-prepared meats.
MUST TRY - Pelula; shredded beef and Gouda, melted together to claim your mouth as its property. Hand it over.
- Cuban Fusion - On the flip side, Cuban Fusion is (obviously) all fusion, with little regard for familiar forms and tried-and-true tastes. Launched by a cancer survivor who decided to go for broke and live her long-churning foodie dreams, this food truck marries American comfort with distinct Cuban influence. Chorizo-loaded burgers, habenero-ranch Cuban Ruebens, and a full roster of loaded-up bowls give you plenty of ways to grab a vacation without ever touching customs.
MUST TRY - Cuban Poutine; Pulled pork and pork demi-glaze, scattered with cheese curds, pickled red onions, and choice of sauce over fries.
- Arepas, Caribbean - Arepas, Caribbean is run by a husband and wife team, and it's putting an even more exotic spin on the South American delicacy, serving up vacation-inducing arepas balanced in flavor and character. Local and organic ingredients are put above all else, crafting arepas that feel as good as they taste. Empanadas and Colombian-style hot dogs are also on hand to settle your comfort cravings in savory, satisfying fashion.
MUST TRY - Lechon Bowl - pork lechon sits in steamed rice, punched up by seasoned black beans, sweet plantains and fresh avocado.
- Summit Tacos - Summit imports from a bit closer to Colorado, but is no less of an exotic expedition in flavor. Mexico City-style street tacos provide mountains of taste in deceptively small packages, while the truck's authentic posole conjures up rustic Mexican Sunday dinners. Ultimately, Summit Tacos' twists push Mexican comfort to new elevations, and is a trek you'll wanna take over and over again.
MUST TRY - Pambazo; This life-changing sandwich is a cousin to the Torta, but filled with chorizo and potato before getting blasted with red guajillo pepper sauce, topped with cotija cheese and fried on either side.
Breakfast in BoCo
When sunrises look as nice as they do here, people tend to wake up early and take them in. Which is logical. This means some of the best food trucks Boulder has to offer happen to be breakfast food trucks. Also quite logical. Needless to say, if the morning sun here doesn't motivate you to get going, these trucks will. And if they don't work, check your pulse.
- Yolk'n Around - The egg is king at Yolk'n Around, which serves up the finest scrambles, omelettes and even breakfast nachos in Boulder. Its protein-centric menu will power you up for your day in delicious fashion, and make every part of you happy to be awake - especially your tastebuds.
MUST TRY - Breakfast Pretzel; A jumbo pretzel topped by fried egg and paired with hashbrowns and your choice of meat.
- Waffle Cakes - If you like your breakfast on the sweeter side, and any time of day, check out Waffle Cakes, which churns out Belgian liege delicacies that can be loaded up and twisted any way you like, from Banana Biscoff to bacon/goat cheese/honey, to gummy worm-loaded dirt cake (for kids of all ages).
MUST TRY - Doughnut Waffle Cake; sprinkles and a doughnut glaze give you the best of two breakfast staples in one.
- Sol Coffee - Powered by solar energy, this truck dispenses some of the finest coffee in Colorado, along with a massive breakfast burrito that makes it your one stop shop for your morning fuel-up. It's a Boulder breakfast truck that'll make you feel as good as its food tastes, and built from an upcycled 1979 Toyota camper, it looks pretty dang spiffy to boot.
MUST TRY - Breakfast Burrito - Like we said.
- The G-Spot Noshery - This, um, imaginatively named food truck will make sure you wake up smiling ear to ear. Since it tastes so good, of course. The Noshery knows all the best ways to rev you up and get your juices flowing, and it includes moves like brioche french toast, stuffed with smoked ham and melted swiss (then topped by raspberry jam), along with more lunch-centric options like black bean enchiladas. With options like these, any time of day's the right time to hit it.
MUST TRY - BOOM-Chika-Waffle; Golden-fried chicken breast, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, smushed between two cornbread waffles and finished with Sriracha butter and bacon maple syrup.
Other Notable Boulder Food Trucks
- The French Twist - This French food truck's mission is to take elevated fine dining and send it straight to the streets, no reservations (or fine dining prices) required. Escargot, Croque and Salmon Madame and a host of other options will make you feel like Parisian royalty without even having to exchange currency.
- La Rue Bayou - This food truck dispenses a much more Americanized French fare, but with no less aplomb. La Rue Bayou's cajun comfort hits hard and hot, and sticks in your memory long after it leaves your mouth. Sliders, gumbo and a variety of po'boys are all on hand to settle your need for haute heat. And no matter what you choose, make sure to leave room for the truck's signature "dirty fries".
- The Ginger Pig - If you prefer your imports from another continent entirely, this food truck (run by a former hockey player, no less) captures pan-Asian influence and slaps it on a wide menu of comforts, giving you the best of Thai, Chinese and Japanese cuisine all on one block in Boulder. Stop by to get your fill of delicacies like scallion pancakes, honey-Sriracha wings and classic red curry.
- Passport Food Truck - For an even wider scope, Passport gives you the whole world on a plate, or at least whichever part you feel like tasting. Pirogies, Amsterdam frittes and Moroccan Bastilla bites all sit comfortably side by side, just like they've always been made for each other.
- Pepperbelly BBQ - For those that want to simplify their supper, Pepperbelly BBQ keeps things close to home - classic BBQ honed in Austin and perfected in Colorado, giving you pulled pork, beef brisket and a stuffed baked potato to rule all other spuds.
- Best One Yet - Finally, for dessert, don't miss out on this vegan ice cream truck, which is giving you dairy-free decadence anyone can love. Coconut milk and toasted herbs go into the profiles of signatures like Birthday Cake, Rocky Road and Pumpkin Maple Pecan. Flavors are small-batched and rotate seasonally, keeping the selection as diverse as it is delicious.
Where to Find Food Trucks in Boulder
As always, check out the live Boulder food truck map above or on the Roaming Hunger app to find the most accurate, up-to-the-minute location info for all trucks listed, alongside countless more options.
From Spring to Fall, Mondays in Prospect belong to Prospect Sound Bites, which boasts the largest food truck gathering in Northern Colorado. Travel to the corner of Tenacity Dr and 100 Year Party Ct to find all the most popular options on wheels, alongside top-flight live music. For a more permanent option, check out the Rayback Collective, Boulder's first freestanding food truck park. Located on Valmont Rd, the fixture draws in all the trucks listed above and more, and offers a welcoming beer garden packed with games and attractions.
UC Boulder is obviously a hotspot for roaming Boulder food trucks, along with the Pearl Street Mall. But to grab your guaranteed favorite, click right HERE and let Roaming Hunger do all the legwork for you. When it comes to food trucks Boulder doesn't just have some of the best tastes in Colorado, it has some of the best diversity too. And this many delicious choices tend to make for very happy locals. In case you haven't heard.
Food truck catering for your next event. Protected by The 100% Roaming Hunger Guarantee. Fast, easy and delicious. Book it here.Get Started
Custom Food Truck Advertising Takeovers
Start a Food Truck
Get your food truck business rolling today.
Roaming Hunger Blog
- Cost to Rent a Food Truck for a Party (2021 Prices)September 9th, 2021
- The Real Cost to Buy a Food Truck (2021 Edition)September 2nd, 2021
- 77 Corporate Holiday Party Ideas Employees Will Love (2021 Edition)September 1st, 2021
- Looking To Rent A Food Truck?August 20th, 2021
- The New Shake Shack Food Truck is HereAugust 11th, 2021